08 Raga 300cc Fan

jsp

just been out for a good ride out today and my 2008 300cc raga ran as sweet as a nut all day,

i have just come home washed if off and now the fan wont come on, can any one please

tell me where the temp sender unit is and what it looks like or what colour cables do i conect

together to test if its the sender unit or the fan

thanks

jsp

One of the hoses will have a T in it, with a round thingy and two wires going to it, probably red and black, both will have spade conectors and be side by side, get a paper clip flatten each end of it so it will slide in each connector then start the bike.

I think your not getting the bike warm enough for it to kick on, water in a connector, or loose connector.

just been out for a good ride out today and my 2008 300cc raga ran as sweet as a nut all day,

i have just come home washed if off and now the fan wont come on, can any one please

tell me where the temp sender unit is and what it looks like or what colour cables do i conect

together to test if its the sender unit or the fan

thanks

jsp

Some of the newer engines do not use the T in the hose but the thermoswitch is mounted directly in the top of the radiator. I agree with Ishy, you may need to put some time and load on the engine to get the fan to come on, especially in this cold weather, that is, unless you live "down under" and get to ride around in t-shirt and shorts all the time like Mick Andrews, and not slog through the ice and snow like we are.....:D

Jon

no i had it running for nearly 20 mins, what drew me to it was it was running like a bag of spanners

and wouldnt tick over, there was steam coming from the fins of the radiator but no fan. it has always come

on normally after this length of time.

no i had it running for nearly 20 mins, what drew me to it was it was running like a bag of spanners

and wouldnt tick over, there was steam coming from the fins of the radiator but no fan. it has always come

on normally after this length of time.

I think your bike has the radiator mount switch (#BT280437065) rather than the hose-T mount (#MO1020003) (I got two to compare). The rad switch looks like a grounding switch so you might check where the wire is grounded. They are pretty simple and my guess is a loose connection somewhere. If you have to replace it, you're probably lucky as the new type switch appears to be about 1/3rd the cost of the old style. I haven't had reason to check one of the newer type switches, but it looks like you can check the fan by grounding the wire that goes to the fan from the switch (notice the grounding connector on one of the wires).

I'd check the coolant level and the head capscrews for tightness before you proceed (8 to 10 Ft Lbs or 11 to 14 Nm) just to be safe.

Here's a photo of the old style switch (above) and the newer type (below).

i got it sorted yesterday, undid all the connections and wd40 all over then reconected,

seems the earth for the temp sender was a fraction loose, tightned it up then ran and

the fan came on as normal..

thanks for all your help

jsp