Practice Area's Near Manchester

tomwhite501

back cowm is the only legit place to go. its a tenner for the day and its suitable for riders of all standards, lots of rocks mud hillclimbs. water just about everything in fact.

they also got an area for RC rock crwlers ( i watched them for 15 mins today) and a superb all weather RC rallycross track.

Depends on what you mean by "in the Manchester area". How far are you willing to travel?

There's Hawk's Nest, near Buxton. This Manchester 17 MCC website is a link to a location map via the Manchester 17 MCC website. No need to be a member of any club. Please note that the other venues shown there are for trials events only - no practising at them.

You could try Victory Quarry at Dove Holes just north of Buxton, but that, I think, is only for members of North Derbyshire Youth MCC North Derbys YMCC. Both Man17 and NDYMCC run trials that are great for beginners, too. And before I get earache from the Macc guys Macc TC, so do they. :D

I think there may also be somewhere to practice North Wales/west Cheshire-ish that won't be too far from you. Maybe someone else on here can post the info?

First time you've had a trials bike? If poss, avoid practising on your own, just in case ...

Good luck and have fun! :D