Robregordo 2009

sotobike_motoclub

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is 'what a fabulous event'! It was more than just a trial. Having a meal with guest speaker on the Saturday and getting the opportunity to rub shoulders with famous names of today and years gone by was a privilage.

My thanks to the Sotobike Motorclub for allowing me to ride when it would have been easier to find reasons not to allow me to. To ALL in Sotobike Motorclub, from the observers to the organsiers and to the girls who did the administration - you should all be very proud of the world class event you staged.

Thanks to Javier for his most generous hospitality before and after the trial, to Sofia and Macerena for their hostess skills, to Quique for the white-knuckle ride in his sidecar and course guidance to Manuel Casado for allowing us to view his collection and to Eduardo for giving us the tour.

It was great to meet Big John in person as well as David, Chips, Chris, Woody and Carlos.

My biggest thanks of all have to go to my riding partner John, without whom I would not have been able to get there or get around the course, he also gave the the opportunity to rinse my socks at Section 11 both days!

I would reccommend this fabulous event to any one serious about twinshock trials.

Tell them how tight the nut on the final drive shaft was on John's 198A

Jim? :thumbup:

Big John

It took the addition of a big hairy Scotsman and a two foot knuckle bar to shift it, but we got there in the end! Who ever put that nut on had his Weetabix that morning I can tell you! Couldn't have done it without you John.

Jim

Hi , do you guys have any more photos you could post of the bikes that were at the event, I can hardly believe the attention to detail and care that has gone into the restoration and modification of these twinshocks, in particular the Puma Racing Bultacos. Living on the other side of the world we don't get to see bikes of that calibre.

Cheers Greg

Hi , do you guys have any more photos you could post of the bikes that were at the event, I can hardly believe the attention to detail and care that has gone into the restoration and modification of these twinshocks, in particular the Puma Racing Bultacos. Living on the other side of the world we don't get to see bikes of that calibre.

Cheers Greg

Hi Greg,

You can see more photos at: http://www.worthingtrialsclub.com/_sgg/m9mj_1.htm