Stolen Bike

trialsoldtimer

Further to my recent report of a stolen bike in W Yorks. be on the look out for a van (make unknown) with reg no. DF 54 MWO. This van was seen being loaded with a trials bike (probably mine) but the current owner is not registered with DVLA (surprise). The police are trying to trace the vehicle so contact them if you see it.

I have access to a system the motor trade use for doing vehicle look ups for makes and models. Ran it through, nothing coming up which is odd, but does sometimes happen. Could be they are false plates. Sorry not much help. Best of luck in getting anywhere with this.

i have checked the reg on the autotrader site and it come up with this

Vehicle Registration Mark DF54MWO

Make VAUXHALL

Model VIVARO 2900 CDTI LWB

Transmission & fuel type MANUAL DIESEL

Body TypePANEL VAN

Colour SILVER

however, the van the thief is using might just be a stolen vehicle. the identity being cloned. there may be another vehicle with the same reg going around quite legitimatly.

so dont just clobber the driver, it might not be the thief !!!

it happens..

we had a vintage car ( 1927) with two letters followed by two numbers. all well until we got a speeding ticket for doing 76 on a 50 zone on the motorway.. ( not bad for a car with a 750 engine cable brakes and no seat belts..)

long story short somebody had seen the car noted the reg number and had a couple of plates made up for thier beemer..