Fan

gasgas1

hi i have a 1993 jt 250 & i need to hard wire the fan but not sure how so does anyone have a diagram or somethin,cheers

(if I can get it to upload) Here's a diagram from TrialsPartsUSA which may help:

Jon

This is a good basic diagram if you can read it! But basically you will notice that the path to the fan is regulated(voltage) then rectified(AC to DC) as the motor requires about 12V DC to operate.

The only thing you can "hardwire " here is across the thermo switch. As if your primary coil is not producing voltage, then the regulator cannot provide it and the rectifier cannot change it to DC! you see! :rolleyes:

These basic principals apply to all, yet configurations vary.

This is a good basic diagram if you can read it! But basically you will notice that the path to the fan is regulated(voltage) then rectified(AC to DC) as the motor requires about 12V DC to operate.

The only thing you can "hardwire " here is across the thermo switch. As if your primary coil is not producing voltage, then the regulator cannot provide it and the rectifier cannot change it to DC! you see! :rolleyes:

These basic principals apply to all, yet configurations vary.

Copey,

Click to enlarge (you know, for us old guys....) and it's easily readable.

Jon,

o.k., I admit it! I AM older than Mark.......

Copey,

Click to enlarge (you know, for us old guys....) and it's easily readable.

Jon,

o.k., I admit it! I AM older than Mark.......

He He, What I meant WAS! To get these things to work properly, you need to understand what is going on here in this circuit. It is both regulated and rectified (those little boxes turn queer electrons into ones the fan can use).

The regulator in this case just basically bleeds off excess voltage back to ground(earth) so at high revs things do not overcharge. Concievably, this could be bypassed, but only at low revs so the voltage remains low.

The rectifier channels the AC voltage being produced into only one direction(DC) so the fan can drive from it as it is a DC motor. The motor itself can be tested using a 12V battery or other DC power supply to insure it runs.

:rolleyes: