National C&d Youth Trials

the_e1_bandit

hi yer sometimes very hard sometime very easy if you do scarbrough they are haRD richmond are not to hard . if you can see i am from north east maby see u at sum local trial

callum

:D

Well thanks for the response Callum! :rolleyes:

Anyone else got any experience of the National D trials? Preferably one i can understand :D

I am also interested in any comments you guys have on this.

My lad is 7 and has done a few D class conducted club trials. Pretty easy stuff really, but he is ok with most sections on the white route too (club level).

I know difficulty levels vary a bit from club to club, but I've never noticed much difference between say a yellow route in one club and a yellow route in another.

Am I right in thinking that D class nationals are roughly equivalent to White/Yellow route club sections and C class Nationals are equivalent to Yellow/Blue (Inter) club sections?

Also... do the D class small wheel do the same route as the D class medium wheel riders?

C'mon Dads (& Mums!) and youth riders... give us ur thoughts!!! :-)

"sum" ?

"ur" ?

"u"?

What kind of English is that?

Trials Central Forum conditions of use, which you all agreed to on sign-up:

"Messages must be posted in proper English. Messages containing SMS Text-type abbreviations of words are not permitted and will be deleted on sight. Continued use of text message type abbreviations may result in posting rights being denied."

NO TEXT TALK :rolleyes:

I dont know how old Callum is... but I think you are being a bit harsh Andy.

The post by Callum was a genuine reply and it looks like the_e1_bandit was just kidding with his dig about the post being unreadable?

I personally cant stand proper text talk but the odd forum abreviation isnt all that bad. You'll get nothing else from the younger generation these days and you wont change them, so just ban them all and we'll end up with only older riders on this forum and no youth slant...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

or lets just get on with the post at hand?

I dont know how old Callum is... but I think you are being a bit harsh Andy.

The post by Callum was a genuine reply and it looks like the_e1_bandit was just kidding with his dig about the post being unreadable?

I personally cant stand proper text talk but the odd forum abreviation isnt all that bad. You'll get nothing else from the younger generation these days and you wont change them, so just ban them all and we'll end up with only older riders on this forum and no youth slant...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

or lets just get on with the post at hand?

Not harsh at all. You're lucky I didn't vape your post along with the earlier ones, but instead thought I'd take the time to clarify the position since it seems to be a growing problem on here :rolleyes:

It's clearly stated in the terms and conditions of use of these Forums that text talk is not permitted and you even have to tick a box saying you accept them when you sign up.

Text talk is hated by the majority and there is absolutely no reason for it with a full QWERTY keyboard in front of you and no message length restrictions. It's purely laziness. You might accept the decline of the English language as part and parcel of the modern age, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

Things are very easy-going on here, but that is my one pet hate. As long as I'm paying the bills it is an absolute no-no and the young 'uns learn fast once it's pointed out to them as their enthusiasm for Trials typically far exceeds their enthusiasm for tlkng lyk ths. That can't be a bad thing. :D

Back to the origional question.

As far as I know there are only two routes. C Class and D Class.

Severity wise it's hard to say. How long is a piece of string ?

At that young age size and ability seem to vary by an enormous amount.

The Cadet looks a brilliant bike, my two had to put up with a TY80 and a Gas Gas Boy, they coped ok and had a great time.

So there's only one thing to do, get that entry in the post, book the accommodation and go !!!!

It's the only way to find out.

Good luck.

Mike.

I think you are right Mike... I am thinking of takin my lad to the South Shropshire round (Rd 2) as it's not too far from us in Mid Wales whereas the Devon round is a long trek to discover that it's all a bit too tough for him.

I'm sorry Andy, I would reply to your comments but fear that you might ban me and my posts so I'll shut up!

I'm sorry Andy, I would reply to your comments but fear that you might ban me and my posts so I'll shut up!

I'm not about to ban anybody, but do you not agree it is far easier to read a message when it is written in English than in some sort of pseudo-muppet talk?

I can understand using abbreviations when on a mobile phone with a limited message length, even though I refuse to use it myself even when texting, but on a Forum with a full QWERTY keyboard in front of you and no message length restriction, it is simply laziness and not acceptable to the majority of people who read it?

As I said, many kids have come on here using text talk. It is pointed out to everyone when they sign up that they must use English on TC. Kids are enthusiastic and don't always read things, but point it out to them as I did tonight and suddenly they start doing so as their enthusiasm for Trials outweighs their desire to talk "text talk" bollocks and they'll comply with the rules :rolleyes:

Adults, however (who should know better), tend to get stroppy instead of taking it on board and leading by example :D

I chuckled to myself when you stated that I was lucky that you didnt "vape" my post! It was almost ironic!

I just think that "young 'uns" should be accommodated and accepted in their own style to say what they want how they want as long there's no abuse, especially if they are trying to be helpful!?

These young lads and lasses are the future of our sport so I dont think it is a good idea to try and silence them because they dont talk or type how we would prefer them to.

We all appreciate what you have created here, the rules and the associated costs (me more than many as a web designer).

The main strength of the english language is its ability to evolve (and that's coming from a taff!!)

It is a very interesting topic...

Well this has not gone exactly as I intended! :rolleyes:

And yes I was just kidding with Callum, but almost as much about his analysis of some very hard, some very easy :D , as the text talk.

Now back to the original topic!

Thanks Mike (TomsDad), I think its the only way we are going to find out for sure! And your right the Cadet is awsome, its really brought his riding on.

GarethR we will hopefully see you at the South Shropshire Round, Devon is way too far from Yorkshire for a first stab at a National for us.

Sure we can both put our experiences up on here for others to benifit from

Thanks Tom

It's a date Tom!

I take it we must enter before the day and that it is ok for anyone to have a go as long as they fall within the correct age and bike limitations set out by the ACU.

Is there anything else we should do or look out for before the event over a normal club trial or is it essentially the same?

I read somewhere (possibly ACU handbook) that each rider can have one assistant and riders set off at 1 min intervals. Does the assistant (me in this case) get to take a bike or will I need to get my joggers on to keep up!!? :rolleyes:

C&D nationals are generally quite reasonable but bear in mind that generally the top kids in each class in the UK take part so there must be some sections to take marks of them. Generally there is a mix of harder and easier sections , something for everyone with a reasonable ability. No minders on bikes and generally the course takes account of this but not always where A&B is concerned. Scarborough 2 day and Ymsa 3 day are great youth trials and are an indication of national standards. Have a good time and don't stress generally only the parents are worried!!!