Gasgas Txt 50 Boy Flywheel Weight

garethr

Looks like moving the needle down to the final position was a bad move. The plug is showing that it's running way to lean.

I have the air screw out 3.5 turns. I sent my lad for a ride around the field a few times and he was riding at nothing more than half throttle. After a few laps, I took the plug out and the ceramic is ice white (like when new)...

DSC05479.JPG

I'm guessing that the air screw was just wound in too far before I started fiddling and that the needle position was ok.

I think I'll try moving the needle back up one and just concentrate on the air screw.

Edited by GarethR

Yes- written on the jet. (see above numbers for reference)

You should absolutely know what you have so that you can form a baseline for changes and to compare it to what others in your area succesfully run.

You should also pull them (jets) to check and make sure they are CLEAN.

Edited by laser1

Is it possible to compare jets from the little gasser with say a 250? Or can you only compare with same make & cc etc?

I did take out all the jets when I cleaned the carb and blasted the whole lot with PJ1 carb cleaner until my finger tips froze!!! :rolleyes: But I forgot to take down what the jets were. I'm going to keep on top of the air box & carb from now on as it is so easy for sh 1 t to get in there, and I will make a note of the jet details then.

It really annoys me that the bike manufacturers make little or no effort to keep water and crud out of the airbox area!

Any other GasGas TXT50 Boy owners on here got into things like this and made a note of jets etc???