1975 Ok. National

jse

It amazes me just how many of these names I know, and although I was into mx in that day and time, some are just legend, yet I know or have met several, still riding! Tom Batchelor and Eddy Kessler are locals and enjoy giving me a spanking on a trials bike! Rick Land is a friend as well, still a really good rider, his son is top notch! Dale Malecek is still on top of his class, know him well enough too, even MartinBelair would know me, as we have spent some time in Texas and the WTC.

Others I have met, but point being, it is such a small world of Trials, you just meet folk by getting out there and riding, no matter the class. Seems to some extent all in the same boat! Always bits and pearls of knoweledge from these folk! They are just too good to others!

Carl Peters, well he may not remember me, but I asked him a question once, and the conversation went on for an hour, Jerry Young, well another story, he likes killing me! :D

It amazes me just how many of these names I know, and although I was into mx in that day and time, some are just legend, yet I know or have met several, still riding! Tom Batchelor and Eddy Kessler are locals and enjoy giving me a spanking on a trials bike! Rick Land is a friend as well, still a really good rider, his son is top notch! Dale Malecek is still on top of his class, know him well enough too, even MartinBelair would know me, as we have spent some time in Texas and the WTC.

Here's the front page of the 1977 November Plonker's Press with a young Rick Land on the front.

Dale tells me of a story about Rick at that Colorado National. Young Rick was riding a section and was clean except for a couple of ledges to go over at the exit. He went for it, cleaned it, but was totally out of control just out of the exit and was heading for a 500 foot drop off. Lyle Drear grabbed the bike about two inches from the edge, saving Rick from total annilation.

Rick tells me: "That photo was actually of me doing a floater into a preplanned dab for a tough corner. Ah the good old days, now every corner is tough with tons of unintentional dabs..." I think Rick speaks for most of us seasoned riders....

Jon

And the peak of the Jap development! Looking down the list:

Honda

Yamaha

Suzy

Kawa

vs

Ossa

Bultaco

Montesa

As time has passed, it seems to be that the Yamaha came out on top! Actually, the best riders did! But that is still true today! ;)

And the peak of the Jap development! Looking down the list:

Honda

Yamaha

Suzy

Kawa

vs

Ossa

Bultaco

Montesa

As time has passed, it seems to be that the Yamaha came out on top! Actually, the best riders did! But that is still true today! ;)

Interesting you should mention this, Mark.

This stat sheet was also attached to the roster list:

Jon

(black text scanning didn't look too good, I edit to a greyscale scan)

Edited by JSE

I'm surprised that no one commented on the name of the organization promoting the event.

NEOTT = is easy North East Ok Trials Team

T-I-T-S = I was told, was formed for insurance reasons and AMA or something like that. Tulsa International Trials Something

They should have kept it sound better that NEOTT

Edited by PLUNKER1