Velocette

dixie

Hi Guy's,

Hi Pat,

Yes I remember the Hartle bike , it had a right crack to the exhaust note. I used to ride in the same trials has Roman Zeil with his Velo Outfit and that had an even better bark, and he only rode the bike with the tap fully open, and it used to loop it like no other outfit that I knew.

Paul Jackson has been riding a Ariel with a Velo engine up in Yorkshire, (one of his frames I expect) he told me he had just built ten of um,(frames that is) last year. There's a picture on the Yorkshire Classics site ,of the bike and him, and I seem to remember there's a few more in the gallery.

Regard's Charlie.

The yorkie bike was the one that sparked my intrest ,I was checking out his twins (triumphs)

And the velo caught my eye.

checked out old bike mart and there seem to be enough spares around. Anyone run one on the road ,My old classic british trials bike book says the motor was a reliable lump and the thinest in the buisness,

God i wish i was ritch.. ;)

Charlie,

Roman Zeil, now there 's a name from the passed, do you know where he is now ?. I had fogoten about his velo, butt......... didn't all the sidecar guys ( in the good old days) have a switch on the tank ?, either "ON or OFF" !, you should know that Charlie ?.

Pat.

Hi,

Sorry for off topic..

Havent been to the Yorkshire site for a while..

Thanks to Barry Pickard for all the nice pics.

I like especially the pic of Dave Emmott from 090104, 2row, 1 left, section looks nice I like..

Edited by Pat

checked out old bike mart and there seem to be enough spares around. Anyone run one on the road ,My old classic british trials bike book says the motor was a reliable lump and the thinest in the buisness,

Velocette Owners Club have a regular magazine, and there's more spares in there than you could ever want. Reliable isn't the word - we've got two Venoms in the garage which have been run steadily on the road from 1957 with no bother at all. They've been in retirement for the last five years or so, but the plan is to get them back on the road before long...

• 1 month later...

I heard BigJohn chatting during the Nevis Radio SSDT coverage about both Chris Haigh and Paul Jackson & their Velocettes. Has anyone got any contact details for either of these guys??

Cheers!!