Fantis 307

idc1873

Very reliable and a great bike in their day. I rebuilt one 6 years ago. Lots of stuff is available but kick starts and pistons were getting v difficult to locate back then (but that may be different now). I got my difficult parts from PEMS garage in UK. There was no major faults with the bikes. Unsure of price now.

Ralphy

Edited by NZRalphy

I believe PEMs sold all the fanny stuff they had. Bill Pye has everything you need. pistons, Kickstarts etc etc.

The rear linkage will have play, 70 quid odd for a bearing set. Ff the dogbongs are worn out that will be about 120 on top. Make sure the sump guard is good and all engine mounts are and remain tight. Outherwise the rear engine mount on the swingarm pivot will break. Only a few people can weld this because off the magnesium content.. Classictrial for example.

Virtually bulletproof motor, the piston will start to rattle even when fairly new. Big windows and ports and all that.

frames that had a hard life (all off them??) do bend and crank almost anywhere or everywhere.

Shock is top from marzopcchi and is rebuildable

Ignitions are rewindable, ht coils are available new as are the bearings. Look after those crankcases and it will go on forever.

I believe PEMs sold all the fanny stuff they had. Bill Pye has everything you need. pistons, Kickstarts etc etc.

The rear linkage will have play, 70 quid odd for a bearing set. Ff the dogbongs are worn out that will be about 120 on top. Make sure the sump guard is good and all engine mounts are and remain tight. Outherwise the rear engine mount on the swingarm pivot will break. Only a few people can weld this because off the magnesium content.. Classictrial for example.

Virtually bulletproof motor, the piston will start to rattle even when fairly new. Big windows and ports and all that.

frames that had a hard life (all off them??) do bend and crank almost anywhere or everywhere.

Shock is top from marzopcchi and is rebuildable

Ignitions are rewindable, ht coils are available new as are the bearings. Look after those crankcases and it will go on forever.

Thanks Lee i couldnt have asked for more. ;)