1998 315r - What's It Worth?

skov

I echo above and add this

I got back into trials last year after a 10 year off due to asthma.

I was advised to get a 315 or a scorpa, but was told to do my homework as there are loads out there.

I looked at about 5 02 315s ranging from 850 to 1350. all needed some work, the usual bearings linkages and fork seals and maybe chain and sprockets and one wanting a full motor rebuild.

I wanted something trial ready .I tried to get a 98 315 off a mate. he worked on the rigs and had drifted out of trials. The bike he had bought new and had looked after it well. it needed nothingand it was

RDChair is right.

the good thing about 315's is that, as they hardly changed over the years, if you find a well looked after early one it's like getting a later one and great VFM.

You just have to bide your time and find a good 'en. What would you pay more for... an average/bit tatty 05 or a mint 99 with lots or receipts? given that, bar the forks and breaks, they are pretty much the same bike (i think!)

Mine is a 99 and i paid

Thanks guys!

I was asking as I'm thinking about selling mine. I got it a few months ago and I haven't really gelled with it.

I tried a couple of Rev3's at the weekend, and I instantly felt more at home on them. They don't have the same quality or solid feel as the montesa, but they feel a lot smaller and lighter which I preferred.

Not 'dissing the Montesa at all by the way! It's a great bike, I just don't think it's right for me.

-John