Tl320 Is Back In Action - Spin Around Slickrock - Pics!

qcowboy

After all the help you lot have provided, I thought you all deserve to see some photos of an SWM on its maiden voyage on the Slickrock trail near Moab, in the desert of southeastern Utah. I spent a long weekend there, riding the TL320 on Slickrock and Hell's Revenge trails. Slickrock is a single-track trail (bicycles and motocycles only) about 12 miles long, about ninety percent solid sandstone, and ten percent loose sand. It is a very fun place to play, and to practice riding obstacles. There is no real visible trail, so volunteers mark the rock surface with white lines every ten to thirty feet so you can stay on the trail. The white lines make for an interesting "section marker" for those who want to practice controlled tire placement. Hell's Revenge is very similar, except it is open to jeeps and all terrain vehicles, so it is much wider, and the trail is more visible, as the jeep tires leave visible black marks on the rocks.

Anyway, here are the photos. Hope you enjoy them!

033.jpg

034.jpg

016-1.jpg

043.jpg

031.jpg

020-1.jpg

Nice photo's. What a stunning place.

What camera did you use? You have some really good depth of field (especially the one with you in it)

I used a Sony Cybershot DSC P8. It is a fairly simple camera, and I have found that it takes very good photos, both outside and in the studio. I like it so much, that when the sand finally killed mine, I went out and bought a used one on ebay, since I didn't want to have to learn the controls on a new model. It is not as small as I'd like, for carrying it on a bike, but I always manage to take it along despite its size.