Gasgas Txtpro 04 Starting Problems

0562rich

Hi All

Can anyone give me some advise on kickstarting Gasgas txt pro 04 125

I used the bike for the first time for approx 2 - 3 hrs without too much trouble starting since then i have not been able to start the bike. I have put a new spark plug in as the one that was already in was incorrect, i have stripped the carb down and cleaned the jets with an airline, all fuel pipe clear.

I am getting a spark when i kick over with plug out, but can not get it to fire using kick start ( it bump starts in 3rd and runs lovely after) when its colded down again it will not start.

I have tried kick starting with full choke and no trottle and no choke 1/4 trottle

I have thrown old fuel away and replaced with new fuel.

Thanks

Richard

Make sure the air filter is clean, check the float height is correct, i spoke to gas gas UK and they told me to set mine to 17mm ( i think,i can't remember) 125 may be different "best check with gas gas", check the stator pick up on the fly wheel is clean and set at the correct gap, they condensate in there and can corrode giving a weak spark. Thats the things i was advised to do because mine was the same, refusing to start, but now touch wood she starts great hot and cold.

Good luck

Steve

• 2 years later...

I know its a long time since you started this thread but I'm just wondering if you managed to resolve the problem as I have an 04 125 PRO with exactly the same starting issues. Look forward to your reply