1st Round Scottish Championships

slapshot 3

I find it disturbing that the secretary would use that type of language and make such a derogatory comment to a fifteen year old youth rider over a comment that, at the time, was made in jest to the CoC Graham after he rode the last section. Even more alarming is that an SACU official responded by applauding this.

Just to be clear I was actually at the section when the comment was made along with many others.

Your right,no need for the language,sorry.

Just trying to make the point that no matter how many routes and hard you work,you cannot please everyone all the time.

I'm off to Balfron early tomorrow to start work.

See you all on sunday,weather permitting.

I will be on my best behaviour,honest.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it disturbing that the secretary would use that type of language and make such a derogatory comment to a fifteen year old youth rider over a comment that, at the time, was made in jest to the CoC Graham after he rode the last section. Even more alarming is that an SACU official responded by applauding this.

Just to be clear I was actually at the section when the comment was made along with many others.

I could have taken grave exception to that comment!

I certainly didn't 'applaud it' at all!!! I demand an apology...If I had applauded it, I would have used the phrase 'hear,hear' - that is an appreciation!

:thumbup: = having a laugh!

I simply saw the funny side of someone responding to a totally remote set of circumstances, if ever I have witnessed a situation of "if the hat fits, wear it" ...that was it. Davieboy is correct, I was only seeing the funny side of an arguement as many others have done on this website time after time, sorry if it offended anyone!!! :rotfl:

Big John

PS. read below what it says here please.....and finally....

Mod Hat off

I'll admit I saw the funny side of what davieboy said as well.

His additional comments are also spot on, you cant get it perfect but you need to have a damned good try. In general, NOT ALL CASES, the whingers are usually the ones who expect it all to be done for them, won't lend a hand in any way, cynical maybe, true, probably yes.

Take Sunday as a case in point, Gary dropped 4. Was it enough, yeah I think it was, and for the man in second place to come on here and comment the way he did speaks volumes. The Blue route, A school boys and Non experts was maybe a bit tough for the Non experts but 58 for the best A class rider sems about right, remember we are always told these are the kind of sections these kids want to ride.

Greens, as has been pointed out is probably the most difficult to get right looking at the huge diversity of abilities in there but each of the class winners won on around 15 to 20 marks, maybe a bit high for the TS/P65 boys but otherwise seems okay and I'd love to know how many of those marks were dropped as stupid marks and how many because of a daft section, the number of times on 3 and 4 the phrase "didn't need that" came out. The Yellows, no adverse comments there either, everyone seemed happy with it.

The comments made about the trial have been really encouraging and as other have said maybe it should be the benchmark to the rest of the year, that's up to other clubs.

Edited by Slapshot 3

Your right,no need for the language,sorry.

Just trying to make the point that no matter how many routes and hard you work,you cannot please everyone all the time.

I'm off to Balfron early tomorrow to start work.

See you all on sunday,weather permitting

Thanks davieboy you are right it is hard to please everyone and it very rarely happens

I spend most of my spare time being involved with trials setting out observing taking photos for the club and sometimes the occasional report for the local paper and i have had my fair share of negative comments in the past.

Going back to the topic starter i thought the green and yellow route on sunday were spot on the blue and red routes i thought was very demanding forget about Garry as he is on a different level to everyone in our National events and hopefully nobody will set trials to give him a hard day as the rest of the riders would be lying in bits as well as there bikes out with him the best scores on the blue and red route were just short of 60 but no complaints of it being to hard i think thats because when entering these classes riders know what to expect. Craiglash is one of our best venues in Scotland and hope to return and ride it next year

Good luck to davieboy for Sunday hope all goes well i unfortunately will not make it as i am of for a small break but will be back to help at the Pollock national observing , entry is over 100 at present and should be a good warm up for the SSDT.