To Vee Or Not To Vee.(that Is The Question)

easytigrrr

Wouldn't recommend them mate. I had one on my GasGas 300 and struggled for a good few months to find grip that I was used too. Got an IRC and it felt like a diffrent bike. Saying that I have seen plenty of good riders using them and thye do wear well. I prefer IRC over Michelins because I find they wear slighly better and they are normally a few quid cheaper. Only used a Dunlop once and found it very good but I have heard they can break up if you are doing a road trial. Hence all the Scottish 6 vday guys will be on Michelins.

Sounds like good advice to me just a supplement or side question arose for me earlier tonite . was looking for a mat or similar to carry in my camper van to aid grip when I roll to a stop in flat field etc and came across (during google search included words tyre grip) a rubber softener spray had a quick look and it transpires its to give you sticky tyres for road and track use ....is there any application say for indoor trials (not that I would ever be doing any ) but it might just give an edge (no pun intended) to our top guys when they need it! Trust if its any good I will get a couple of complimetary ringside seats for sheffield next year !

Hi Chewy,

I've got a pair of Vees on my Rev3. I bought them because I'd run out of budget after buying the bike and replacing all the usual consumables. I had thought I could get away with the front tyre and planned to put a michy on the rear, but realised the front was too far gone and I could get a pair of Vee's for nearly the price of a rear michelin.

I wasn't expecting much and planned to change them early (I take the view that new tyres trump all, so new Vees had to be better than sh@gged michies!). I have to say, I've been quite impressed. They are a bit harder than michelins and seem to work well in the gloop. I expect they'll be poorer over rocks and roots though. They can be run at 2.5 PSI no problem but have stiffer sidewalls than michelins so don't really deform to the terrain like they do. One thing, between me and me mates we've had 3 pairs and at least 2 tyres have arrived to us with deformed beads from poor storage. That's made fitting a be-atch....

I think for the clubbies like me, they're pretty good...

Graham