Jitsie / Trp Shock

sdeane01

Hi guys,

Have been thinking about buying a Jitsie / TRP rear shock for my 08 290. Nothing wrong with my original one, just a few guys here rave about them and wanted to get as many opinions as possible? Do the top riders use them or do they stick with the original one?

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Nothing wrong with my original one

+1

I recently bought myself TRP shock insteed of Sherco stock and need advice to correct setup.

I made couple of hours easy test ride and didn't felt perceptible difference between this and sherco 04 shock... i want get enough lightness with shifting rear wheel and more quick unloading suspension while jumping, what i need to turn in or out?

At original shock it was only spring rings, so i simply don't know what affect this tuning:

Orange "twisting spool"

10370391_0.jpg

Screw at the pic's bottom

10370392_0.jpg

I weigh 70kg (+ ~5kg when equip) and bought Standart version of shock, at what position i need to set spring rings to have correct sag, cause standart shock's setup have difference from TRP's rings.

10587235_0.jpg

By the way! Will i be able use this TRP shok for Sherco on Gas Gas, 4 example. If not, what difference between shocks of different bikes brands?

Edited by Lian

+1

I recently bought myself TRP shock insteed of Sherco stock and need advice to correct setup.

I made couple of hours easy test ride and didn't felt perceptible difference between this and sherco 04 shock... i want get enough lightness with shifting rear wheel and more quick unloading suspension while jumping, what i need to turn in or out?

At original shock it was only spring rings, so i simply don't know what affect this tuning:

Orange "twisting spool"

10370391_0.jpg

Screw at the pic's bottom

10370392_0.jpg

I weigh 70kg (+ ~5kg when equip) and bought Standart version of shock, at what position i need to set spring rings to have correct sag, cause standart shock's setup have difference from TRP's rings.

10587235_0.jpg

By the way! Will i be able use this TRP shok for Sherco on Gas Gas, 4 example. If not, what difference between shocks of different bikes brands?

I would set the static spring sag like any other, 20-30mm with bike weight only. Looks like your old one was too wound up tight!

Not sure if both the "spool" and the "screw" will move or "click", if so it must be adjustable in both compression and rebound rates.

Note the standard settings, then adjust one at a time for the quickness you want. :wacko:

The Sherco shock is a different length than a Gasser as reported by others, although one may be able to re-configure one..?

Edited by copemech

I would set the static spring sag like any other, 20-30mm with bike weight only. Looks like your old one was too wound up tight!

Not sure if both the "spool" and the "screw" will move or "click", if so it must be adjustable in both compression and rebound rates.

Note the standard settings, then adjust one at a time for the quickness you want. :wacko:

The Sherco shock is a different length than a Gasser as reported by others, although one may be able to re-configure one..?

The screw is the Nitrogen charge port according to my Shock Guru.... I was told to stay away from that.

The spool is rebound, but has some effect on compression too.

Edited by Autostream