Rev3 4t Reliability?

jonathan collier

My dad just recently just purchased a Rev 4t 250 2008, & i have to say it is a fantastic bike, never let us down, runs fantastically well, rides awesome, sounds brilliant i would deffinatly reccomend one anyday.

Ben.

Same opinion here really. I have an 08 250 4t and Im really pleased with it so far. Ive been running it about 5 months now with no issues at all. When I was looking into getting one initially from speaking to dealers the 07 version seemed to have a few niggles - But most of these will have being fixed under warranty back in 07 etc. Its just if you look at the 07 you need to find out whether they were sorted as odviously the warranty would no longer apply

I'm pleased to see this thread. I was very keen on looking for one, untill I spoke to a dealer a couple of months back (he will remain nameless)...BUT..he was very sure I SHOULDNT buy one, and reckoned that there was some problem with the gearbox which has resulted in many where the gearbox has kind of 'exploded' (he used a better and more precise description, but it went over my head a bit).....resulting in smashed casing, etc...basically a write off?

I'm still hoping this isnt true, since I love the look/sound etc of the bike...so will be pleased to see some reaction to this on the thread.

Yeah, that gear box thing sounds a bit strange, Ive heard of a few problems with them but never a gear box exploding!! If I were you I would phone lampkins, explain to them you are definately buying a beta but at the minute cant decide over a 2t or 4t. Ask them specifically about the gear box, I would be interested to know the answer also

Cheers

Mike

I would agree with that NZRalphy, and to be honest, if I see one going at a price I can afford (used one) I would just go for it anyway, and just hope that the chap I spoke too has got it wrong.

They're the best looking 4 stroke in my opinion, and I love the way its so quiet too.

Had mine for over a year now, without an issue. VERY early on, had a few cooland dribbles, until things set in. Beyond that, not a single problem, and transmission / clutch is great. Moving from a Scorpa 4-stroke, the gearing felt really tall, in the beginning. Once I got used to it, I realize it is spot on. The Scorpa was just geared way too low. Having owned 7 Scorpa in a row, I can attest to the fact that the build Beta quality is considerably better.