Sign The Anti Mp Expenses Petition.

andy m

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sentiments right but its over simplistic to say you can only eat in one place, almost agreeing to them buying cookers on expenses but not the food? The whole thing needs looking at.

I would say let them claim subsistence but not the cooker, isn't that better? An mp from the north of england must sleep and eat in london to do his job just the same as a sales rep from london in manchester?

Still signed it though!

The truth is coming out slowly no matter what your politics are they have all got their snouts in the trough one way or another. :dunce:

This is the thing back in the 80's it was the tories now its labour. Sadly the tories best chance will be screwed by the credit crunch.

This is the thing back in the 80's it was the tories now its labour. Sadly the tories best chance will be screwed by the credit crunch.

I fear you are right :dunce: The tories under John Major done a sterling job of getting the country's finances on track just for labour to come along and completey trash it. If the Conservative government get in at the next GE, then they will have 5 years of trying to get us out of debt which will mean 5 years of pain for most. Then because they never waved the magic wand and made it all go away, the british public will kick them out and get labour back in and we will be back to square one.

This government squandered britains wealth in the good times and have now put us in an almost impossible situation. No more boom and bust he said! T***

This has been a party political broadcast of behalf of the bitter and twisted mans Party! :D

I fear you are right :dunce: The tories under John Major done a sterling job of getting the country's finances on track just for labour to come along and completey trash it. If the Conservative government get in at the next GE, then they will have 5 years of trying to get us out of debt which will mean 5 years of pain for most. Then because they never waved the magic wand and made it all go away, the british public will kick them out and get labour back in and we will be back to square one.

This government squandered britains wealth in the good times and have now put us in an almost impossible situation. No more boom and bust he said! T***

This has been a party political broadcast of behalf of the bitter and twisted mans Party! :D

Generally speaking I think they are al as bad as one another, however I have to agree with you on this one Atom.

Petition Signed.

I think you will find it was thatcher that sold everything off, can you imagine the french electricty companies owned by us?

Boom and bust is the tories trademark and whoevers fault this current crisis is not one tory saw it coming.

They are all as bad as each other.

I think you will find it was thatcher that sold everything off, can you imagine the french electricty companies owned by us?

Boom and bust is the tories trademark and whoevers fault this current crisis is not one tory saw it coming.

They are all as bad as each other.

Whether you agree or not, Thatcher had a vision (unlike Brown) Human nature (namely greed) killed it all - and there were plenty who saw it coming. Most people in the street who saw the last one would have seen the signs. Like I said before, they didn't care as the good times were just simly too good !

What I do know is that a Conservative government will be prudent with spending, unlike what we see now. But.. I dont have much hope in Cameron doing the business when he gets elected. I want a young Thatcher to be in control :dunce:

What I do know is that a Conservative government will be prudent with spending,

Im not so sure on that,cameron came out and said,if a council house tenant wanted to buy the property that's ok,but if the buyer wanted to sell after time he would'nt be able to sell the house at market value,instead he would have to sell it back at what he bought it at and the Tax Payer would give the seller the diffrence if he wanted to move on to better thing's.

This is the problem with cameron,he start's off talking a good game then put's something daft in.

For that reason alone a won't be voting for cameron.

Edited by bilc0

Yeah the vision of all the mining villages with no work .........

I think that comment would be regarded today as lazy journalism. Just look at some facts here.

1The dispute began in March 1984, with news that Cortonwood pit near Barnsley was to close - within days, half the country's mineworkers had walked out. Note - Did Thatcher ASK the other miners to stop working?

At the time, there was high unrest amongst some miners that Scragill never called a Ballot.

2But the strike also caused divisions among miners themselves. Some were unhappy that Arthur Scargill had not called a ballot, and Nottinghamshire colliers led moves to set up a breakaway body, the Union of Democratic Miners. Bitterness still exists; in extreme cases, NUM fathers refused to speak to UDM sons.

On Scragill - Lord Tebbit, who was employment secretary at the time of the strike said :-3if the National Union of Mineworkers had had a sensible leader the government could have negotiated a better way of reducing the size of the industry.

There's lots and lots of stuff written of course but I think you will find that History will be kinder to Thatcher than Scargill. The period before this the country was striking all the time. It was crap. The time after this saw a long period of no strikes and people could get on. Just compare the 70's with the 80's - Thatcher transformed the country and its people and gave ( some of us ) hope for the future.

Source :- 1,2,3 http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/ukfs_news/hi/new...200/7925291.stm