4rt Fork Damper Tube Holding Tool

oz thumper

I made one from plastic tube but don't know where I put it, will try and dig it out later.

That would be for the right hand leg Nigel?

I have completed the left leg and found that it has a bi-hex socket as part of the damper casting, all that is required there is a hex head bolt (or nut) that is 24mm across the flats, welded to a piece of rod about 250mm long.

A 16mm metric bolt or 5/8 Unified have a hex head around 23.5mm and fit fine.

I haven't stripped the right leg yet so haven't seen what is required other than it must be tubular to go over the damper rod.

If you do have a photo of the tool you used Nigel, will be appreciated.

I have a Brand New right hand fork tube for a 4RT. There is a small dent just below the top triple clamp but will not affect the operation at all. If anyone is interested drop me a line.

That would be for the right hand leg Nigel?

I have completed the left leg and found that it has a bi-hex socket as part of the damper casting, all that is required there is a hex head bolt (or nut) that is 24mm across the flats, welded to a piece of rod about 250mm long.

A 16mm metric bolt or 5/8 Unified have a hex head around 23.5mm and fit fine.

I haven't stripped the right leg yet so haven't seen what is required other than it must be tubular to go over the damper rod.

If you do have a photo of the tool you used Nigel, will be appreciated.

Yep right leg. Think it only needed the slightest holding before it bit with a cordless .

can't find it yet, sorry.