Starting My 04 Sherco.

dabomb

I posted this question saturday night,but cant find it anywhwere,must have placed it in wrong forum.Here we go again then.My 04 sherco starts from cold with usually 5 or 6 kicks,and when its warmed up and i leave it stopped longer than 10 mins,i usually have to flick the choke on to get it to start again.A friend suggested changing the piston rings,i just wondered if it would make any difference.The bike runs well,and has all the standard carb settings for uk use.Any views would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I posted this question saturday night,but cant find it anywhwere,must have placed it in wrong forum.Here we go again then.My 04 sherco starts from cold with usually 5 or 6 kicks,and when its warmed up and i leave it stopped longer than 10 mins,i usually have to flick the choke on to get it to start again.A friend suggested changing the piston rings,i just wondered if it would make any difference.The bike runs well,and has all the standard carb settings for uk use.Any views would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I seen your earlier post and was thinking about it a bit. Not quite sure how your dailt temps are running over there, but ?

On a cold day, mine have always done that, but I get the feeling you are in somewhat warmer weather now.

Are you getting the oxigenated(alcohol induced) fuel? What pilot jet are you running?

Give the carb a good cleaning and blow out the passages with air, but I will tell you I have had to go up to the #38 pilot to address fuel issues here. So if yours is say a #33, these things could be giving you problems. :blink:

I seen your earlier post and was thinking about it a bit. Not quite sure how your dailt temps are running over there, but ?

On a cold day, mine have always done that, but I get the feeling you are in somewhat warmer weather now.

Are you getting the oxigenated(alcohol induced) fuel? What pilot jet are you running?

Give the carb a good cleaning and blow out the passages with air, but I will tell you I have had to go up to the #38 pilot to address fuel issues here. So if yours is say a #33, these things could be giving you problems. :blink:

Had the bike over 2 years now,its never started after just a couple of kicks.I remember upping the pilot jet to the next size from std(not sure what is std now,it was a while ago),but i`ve always been a great believer in a"if it aint broke,dont fix it"attitude .,i dont see the point in playing around with different jets and stuff,(no disrespect to you copmec),all i know is that everything is std,apart from the pilot.The new piston ring thing seemed to make sense to me!!!

Had the bike over 2 years now,its never started after just a couple of kicks.I remember upping the pilot jet to the next size from std(not sure what is std now,it was a while ago),but i`ve always been a great believer in a"if it aint broke,dont fix it"attitude .,i dont see the point in playing around with different jets and stuff,(no disrespect to you copmec),all i know is that everything is std,apart from the pilot.The new piston ring thing seemed to make sense to me!!!

Well enough then if you are satisfied with it.

Points being, my fuel has changed over time neccessitating an adjustment!

And a good cleaning for maintenance is still advisable, as you may find more in there than you expect! :blink: