Snatchy Clutch

tjp

Hey guys,

I have a 250 sherco (08) and am experiencing a snatchy clutch, its almost switch like (on/off) with very little progression. I have recently changed the gear box oil (75w gear oil), which I do once a month (roughly), yet gradually I have lost any feeling of progression from the clutch.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can look at to make the clutch more progressive?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions

Hey guys,

I have a 250 sherco (08) and am experiencing a snatchy clutch, its almost switch like (on/off) with very little progression. I have recently changed the gear box oil (75w gear oil), which I do once a month (roughly), yet gradually I have lost any feeling of progression from the clutch.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can look at to make the clutch more progressive?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions

Seems several have made this comment on the later model bikes. Unfortunatly, I do not have all the answers.

Some, myself included, just run the bike with two opposing springs out of the clutch. Makes the lever pull much lighter, but the response almost too floaty, thus the need to go to a thinner fluid like ATF. Still a bit of a tradeoff it seems, and takes some adjustment.

Depends upon your riding style, some like it and some do not. Costs little to try though! :blink:

hey

could i try the trick whit the springs on my 4T to or would it be easier to use other engine oil what does the others use?

regards bob

As we are talking strictly the gearbox and clutch oil here, I cannot think of a reason why it could not be done on the 4T, as the MOTOR oil is separate as I recall.

Another thing would be to try 50wt oil in the clutch side, as this may slow clutch reaction due to the float of the thicker oil.

I kinda like the really light clutch lever though. It will still go! If you need a full POP on something, you just let the lever fly! No residual pressure. Lever adjust changes as well. :blink:

I've had the exact problem on my 2008 290 and have made the clutch alot more progressive using 15w50 synthetic oil.

This has also completely eliminated the clutch lockup when not run for a week or two problem.

Never been any sign of slipping when fully realesed.