Hello From A Rather Young Trails Rider!

bantamluke

Hi all, my names Luke and im 16, i am currently rebuilding a 1951 Bsa Bantam into a trials bike, ready for competing. I get my license in october so the restoration is going slow and should be ready to ride in october.

I bought the bike standard, with the silly mudguards and 19'' wheels and the engine didnt run. I have pain stakingly rebuilt every little piece of it, from the engine, wheels, forks, mudguards etc etc

I have fitted a 21'' wheel on the front and left the 19'' on the back as i like the little higher ride height. Knobbly tyres, genuine competion footrests, and heavy duty forks, alloy guards, wider handle bars, high rise exhaust, larger rear sprocket and a raised seat.

It should be a mean machine when finished, not the fastest bike but should get me going for the trials season. I would like to join up with a trials club near London as i would like to do a bit of green laning and trials riding before i start competing. Im already looking at a bsa b31 trials bike for my next step, only time will tell....

Once again Hi

Luke

Cheers dudes, I want to fit a few other bits and pieces before a take some photo's and upload them. The heavy duty forks are fitted and finished and my 21 '' wheel loosley assembled in the frame. I have sourced a 19'' trials dunlop tyre which was new for a 10 quid. When I have gone through this tyre I will rebuild the wheel with the 18'' rim. It really painting, polishing and reassembling left to do.

Im still after a fold in kickstart as the guy before me snapped the standard one off and a larger sprocket which I will need advice on. I have been told i need a 58 tooth sprocket but im not sure??

Any idea's

Thanks for all the kind words

Luke