Iom 1971 Isdt ,bultaco

bult360

I have just aquired a 1970 bultaco matador prototype mk4 sd ,one of 25 built for the isdt in el escorial in Spain in 1970 , this bike was ridden by a belgian called Jean crossett . It was then bought from fx bulto himself by WI (Ivor) Smart of Wrexham after he followed it in the 1970 event in el escorial . Ivor then rode it in the 1971 event in the Isle of man winning a gold medal in the process ,he rode it in a few events afterwards and then stored it for 30 odd years . I saw this bike when i went to look at another bultaco never thinking i would get the chance to buy it , unfortunatly Ivor died a couple of years ago and the bike passed to one of his sons who kept it for a while and then decided to sell .It realy is in very original condition with its scrutineering marks from not only its iom outing but also its 1970 debut in Spain . I would realy be very grateful if any body has or knows where i can get fotos of either event showing the bultaco 1970 N0 226 1971 NO 154 ,Thanks in advance Pat kean

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I was pleased to see you have the bike. Alas I do not have the bike but I knew Ivor very well for many years riding with him in Mid Wales Enduros and new his sons daughter and wife. I am now managing an ISDT interest web site

http://speedtracktales.wordpress.com

and I would be really pleased if you could make images of the bike available and possibly a bit of the histrory you have uncovered with consent to feature it on the site. I am looking for more images of Ivor in the ISDT and hope to be able to get some to add to the ones I already have of him.

kind regards

Adrian

The 45th ISDT - El Escorial, Madrid, Spain

Silver Vase Mannschaft - Belgium (B Team)

(215) - Roger Marechal - Bultaco 244

(226) Jean Crosset - Bultaco 250 - 19th position 0 marks on Day 6 250cc Individual class.

(169) Claude Tonneau - Ossa 250

(257) Daniel Thibaut - Ossa 250

I hope you find this interesting Mr Bult360?

AND... there is a photo of Jean Crosset on his Bultaco Matador SD following Jaime Bordoy (Spain - 224 Bultaco Matador SD) on page 170 of the very specific book entitled: "ISDT 1970 - 45 Seis Dias Internacionales De Todo Terreno" by Javier Benito Aguado - a very expensive, but well worth having hard backed book, it is incredible!

My good friend "Greeves" on here could possibly put you in touch with Sr. Benito in person, - right Sr.Greeves?

Big John

(My late father was also at this event in 1970 at El Escorial as an SACU Team Manager)

Edited by big john

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat, I take it you have the information about my Dads Bulto off my brother when you bought it. Sadly I dont have any photos but I will ask my mum next time I see her. I would be interested in seeing any photos you have or recieve.

Regards, Paul