Scorpa 96 250 Easy Misfire

houseape1000

I have recently bought, what I am led to believe, a scorpa easy 250 1996 in black and yellow. It sounds like it is misfiring, and a little short on grunt, the same sound at high revs as a limiter....

It has the rotax engine, and a new dellorto carb, the engine is supposed to have been rebuilt about 3 mths ago. Do scorpas of this era sound like this or should I be looking for a fault, perhaps advance or retard ignition timing....

I am also a little confused as the number on the frame last digit - x which if forums are to be believed is a 99 model, but 99s were not black and yellow, or were they?

Please help.....

If your bike has a dellorto and the rear brake master cylinder is fixed to the frame not the motor then its probably a 96. have you tried cleaning out the tank and the little filter in the side if the carb where the fuel goes in? i would probably get a new plug lead cap and plug to be on the safe side, as this caused problems on one of my easys, this should set you back around

Edited by godzilla

Thanks, Ive been out today and it seems to be worse. I checked the plug again and its oily as hell, what plug should I get for it as the one I took out was a NGK BP8ES, not sure if this is right.

Also, do you know where I can get an air filter as there isn't one on it....

I checked the carb over and it is clean, its brand new..

One more thing (for now), do you know the settings for the air/fuel set up for dellorto carb.

Gday, a 6 is too cold. If Scorpa recommend a N12YC the correct NGK replacement is a BP4ES. Much much hotter. You might get away with a 5 but not a 6. Iridium plugs will only lighten your wallet, especially if they are the wrong heat range.

HTH

Cheers,

Stork

• 2 weeks later...

just a little update - the guy I bought the bike from sent me the old carb ( the correct one ) and I bought new jets from dellorto uk, cleaned it out about 6 or 7 times and she runs sweet now....

Thanks to all who offered info - Dellorto, Peter Knight(ROTAX) and Birketts......and others....

Does anybody know how to wire the fan.

Ive found a green wire with some power in it but cant find a voltage regulator, I think the one above the fan was for the lights, will it work, I don't know, or should I buy one from somewhere......does anybody know where to buy or what part number, or should I phone Nigel at Birketts AGAIN..