When Should My Fan Kick In?

ukmarra

Hi i have just bought a beta techno and haven't yet noticed the fan kicking on the cooling system. (only been on it twice).

Should the fan come on more or less straight away, or will it be a while? I'm not sure how to check the cooling system without risking over heating the engine (if it isn't working).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Gday, your fan should come on when the cooling system reaches around 90 degrees C. You can do a quick test by shorting the two wires from the thermo switch on the cylinder head together (the one that is in the way of the spark plug). This will make the fan run. If that's OK its probably all good, the fan will usually only run while the bike is sitting idling while waiting to go into a section etc. Your coolant level should be around 25 mm below the filler cap.

Cheers,

Stork

• 4 weeks later...

ive had my rev3 for a few months now and have not noticed the fan coming on at all.

any sugestions?

I put money on it being you water pump impeller snapped in half,

It happends to me, no fan even on hot days, so i replaced thermostsat, still no fan

i took impeller cover of to find it in 2 pieces,

New impeller and everything is fine! there about