Silancer Removal

x21ekx

As above really had the old common fault with rear tyre rubbing thru the the zorst now just wondering how the hell i get the bugger off :D i've taken the two bolts out and theres now a amount of movement but it will come am i doing something wrong..............HELP!!!

yeah got that dude i want to part the middle from the end tho

What year are your bike? The silencer has different "bolting" from year to year. The 02 has only two bolts. One upper and one lower. From 03 and on theres three bolts. One upper and two lower on each side. From 08 I think the middle and end are welded together. There may be an other version in between ther also...

After unbolting the silencer is only stuck by some o-rings inside. Pull it about eight cm straight backwards while wiggeling gently to get it loose.

-Jan

Edited by JanDyb

What year are your bike? The silencer has different "bolting" from year to year. The 02 has only two bolts. One upper and one lower. From 03 and on theres three bolts. One upper and two lower on each side. From 08 I think the middle and end are welded together. There may be an other version in between ther also...

After unbolting the silencer is only stuck by some o-rings inside. Pull it about eight cm straight backwards while wiggeling gently to get it loose.

-Jan

Jan

Its a 05 buddy one bolt at the top going straight thru and one at the bottom so its just a case of pulling it apart then yeah? christ its tight!!!

Jan

Its a 05 buddy one bolt at the top going straight thru and one at the bottom so its just a case of pulling it apart then yeah? christ its tight!!!

Are You sure its only one at the bottom? Both my own 04 300 and my kids 06 125 has two at the bottom. One at each side.

-Jan