96 Easy 250 Electrics

houseape1000

Hi, please help!

Does anybody know where I can get a fan regulator/rectifyer, or if there is a compatible one from another bike.

I am not sure if there is one on my bike, there is something located above the fan in an almost impossible to reach place, but I think Ive read this is the lighting regulator.

Can anybody clarify, its driving me mad, this weather is killing it with no fan....if you listen carefully you should hear it scream...

All info gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Andy.

I have a reg in stock, but I'm in Australia. Happy to send if you get stuck. www.thehellteam.com

But I would suggest locally:

Peter Knight PowerSport

K-Toys House, Second Avenue,

Westfield Trading Estate,

Midsomer Norton, RADSTOCK,

BATH & North East Somerset,

BA3 4BH

United Kingdom

ROTAX 'HOTLINE' - 07000-4-ROTAX

Tel. 0176 141 4106

Fax 0176 141 4107

rotax257@aol.com

The fan can be found in lots of bikes including Honda CBR250, go to the local bike wreckers and get one cheap.

Thanks for that. I have decided that the thing fitted to the top of the fan is the regulator, (theyre not gonna fit the lights reg there and the fan reg somewhere else - are they?).

After getting a description from birketts I just wanted to check the details -

Black box with four pins -

LEFT PIN - black from fan

LEFT MIDDLE PIN - green/red from loom

RIGHT MIDDLE PIN - green from loom

RIGHT PIN - black/blue from fan

I know Ive missed out the temp switch but will be adding in later.

Please correct me if this is wrong, as it seems that the fan spins faster with the bike at higher revs - surely this is why there is a regulator in the first place, ( along with ac - dc conversion ).

All help gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by houseape1000
  • Like 1

Best I can recall, my 98 Easy had a ducati setup, and basically the regulators and rectifiers are shared with many manufactures over the years.

I think it ws the same basic system on my 98 Beta Alp, as well as the Shercos. one or both may be the same to this day. :(

As I recall, lights and fan all work off the same source, and yes the voltage will vary with rpm , yet the fan requires a change to DC in the circuit, which is done by a more squarish box that includes the rectification diodes. Fan will not work on AC alone. You can try it on a battery with 12V.

Hope that helps,

Edited by copemech

Hello. That is the fan rectifyer you have found, i hav rcently wired my 97 easy up. howver i cant recall the wire colours but it sounds about rite.

i chose to leave out the temp switch as it started playinng up, the fan now runs constantly.

thnaks.