Starting

docktor

i asked you guys for advice on my starting problem. wont st art when hot .One solution use the choke ,which works well.But this was very awkward in a section. So I rang the very nice people at Gas Gas UK and the solution is; number 35 piolet jet ( should be the original ) Float height 17mm ( original 19mm) this seems to work every time. Hope this helps out anybody who has the same problem. Thanks again for the advice people and happy trialing.PS this info is for the delorto carb only

Probably not related but i've been experimenting with float height on my beta rev 3 (i suspect it's even more critical on the beta 'cause of angle carb is on.. too muchpetrol in the carb is very bad even very very bad!. It seems that a good indication of when you'r getting near to the right fuel level yo just get that couple of "fires" on over run ..when throttle is shut after revving.... it probably means the exhaust is awash with unbured fuel which is getting fired.. wish I knew how far to "adjust " this as I understand beta's will suffer from lack of fuel in carb (stop on uphills) very easily if float level is too low. Sorry to ramble on out loud but you never know somewbody might pick up on this and give me chapter & verse on carburation.