Fan Wont Stop!

tombo46

Does anyone know why my fan wont stop? been working around the radiator and its come off a couple of times. ive pulled the thermostat off once and put it back in after greasing the O-ring up, ive connected everything up as it was (as far as I know). anyone know why it wont stop? also, would it be possible to run the fan on constantly at a trial? its a 2008 gas gas 300 and the fan pretty much runs all the time anyway!

The only other thing is that I ran the bike without the fan connected by mistake, could this have caused a problem with the thermostat as it over heated?

All the best

Tom

Does anyone know why my fan wont stop? been working around the radiator and its come off a couple of times. ive pulled the thermostat off once and put it back in after greasing the O-ring up, ive connected everything up as it was (as far as I know). anyone know why it wont stop? also, would it be possible to run the fan on constantly at a trial? its a 2008 gas gas 300 and the fan pretty much runs all the time anyway!

The only other thing is that I ran the bike without the fan connected by mistake, could this have caused a problem with the thermostat as it over heated?

All the best

Tom

I think ithat is very possible! You should be able to disconnect one wire off the thermo switch just to insure that it opens the circuit to the fan and stops the running.

I suppose one could operate one trial that way, as many have done it as "jumpered" with she switch failed, yet is is a bit hard on the fan motor i think.