2002 Txt Edition Lighter Clutch Action

joandemma

I am having real bother using clutch lever with one finger, but when I use two i feel that I have not got enough control of the bars. When in a section I find myself worrying more about how many fingers to use on lever than on the section. Is there anything I can do to lighten the action, I fitted a new clutch pack a year ago and it is bled nicely.Is it possible to remove a couple of the springs from the clutch or maybe longer levers. Help anyone , to stop my finger hurting-cheers.

Hi joandemma,

If your bike is the older motor type, then you can remove 2 of the 6 clutch springs and fit packing washers under the remaining 4 springs to get a lighter pull. I did this on my 95 330 motor, without the washers the clutch would slip in 4th, it's all fine with the washers. Clutch pull is almost as light as a Pro now.

Bye, PeterB.

+1 PeterB.

I took 2 springs out of my edition as well. Didnt need to add any washers. Switched to GM autotrakII in the tranny and dot5 in the hydraulics. Smooth as silk clutch after that. Best thing I ever did for that bike.