2002 Beta Rev 270 Won't Start ====> Stator

kobebeta

My 02 Beta won't start. Near end of season last year I had to push it out of the woods. I have a little spark, I can get it to fire once in a while by kicking the hell out of it. Before this year I pulled the flywheel, cleaned the crud out. Checked my stator white and white/black to ground for 200 ohms. had 199 Replaced the 2 rings. The piston and wall looked good. New gas, new plug. Im getting 125 psi, with throttle open. Cleaned checked my wire connections. Im hoping someone here can help me. A big help would be to test my coil and cdi. By talking to US Beta the 01 and 02 are the same. Can someone try them out for me? or lend some help. Anybody have a stator? Im in Elysburg PA.

Edited by kobebeta

My brother just had exactly the same problem, we were out on bikes all day with no problems, got them home, he went to start it and it would not start (he had give it a little wash mind), checked all usual stuff and still couldnt start it. if we kicked the hell out of it, we could start it but it wouldnt tick over for long, and when it did die we'd b kicking it for ages again. So after a bit of research on the net, he bought a coil,

Thanks for the help.......I'm sure this is a electrical thing now....(not a gas or compression problem) I checked, cleaned my wire contacts....diconnected the kill wire...removed and cleaned the stator and plate. I found that I can turn the engine over (plug out) with my electric impact gun. ......The spark is weak....but it does look consistant. I had a coil from my Suzuki dirt bike...it looks close to the Beta one. For test only I tryed it. I had the same spark output. I also found on the Beta coil the blue spark boot had 5k ohms built into it. I removed it and held the wire up to the head and it does jump about 3 or 4mm.

Question: If a CDI or stator is bad will I have spark yet?

Beta is running! I repeat Beta is running. Drove to Beta shop 1.2 hours away After hearing it here and from the shop, it's most like the STATOR.......so I gave up $400 US for it, brought it home. And the shop was nice enough to say if this STATOR was not the problem, they will take the STATOR back. Installed and after 2nd kick she purred. then there after first kick will fire up. I just hope this STATOR lasts a long time! So if anybody has just a little spark and won't run, it could be the STATOR.

Beta is running! I repeat Beta is running. Drove to Beta shop 1.2 hours away After hearing it here and from the shop, it's most like the STATOR.......so I gave up $400 US for it, brought it home. And the shop was nice enough to say if this STATOR was not the problem, they will take the STATOR back. Installed and after 2nd kick she purred. then there after first kick will fire up. I just hope this STATOR lasts a long time! So if anybody has just a little spark and won't run, it could be the STATOR.

I thought it would be the stator from the ohms you said, From what i know stators can go at any time even when there new! lets hope yours will last!