03 Txt 250 Gasser

the addict

Got given an 03 Gasser from a mate of a mate to go through this week after he bought it last weekend, very tidy bike once I went through it and looks to me as though it hasnt seen a trials rider aboard from new,pretty sure its just been ridden round a field for fun. Few probblems like bust fork seals, messy carb/air box and the worst being a dragging clutch. I adjusted out the screw which helped but didnt cure it. The bike when I got it had a major rattle which I thought might be top end but defo sounded like clutch noise after a little investigation. I think it has been stood a while so I replaced the slave O rings and measured the plates and fork arms all of which were within the tolerences. The O rings have cured the dragging and the clutch feels nice now but the rattle is still there? The noise almost goes when the clutch lever is pulled in but quite loud when out? could this be the bearing and if so will it defo need sorting asap or be put up with for the future? any help would be appreciated

Just

My son has the same bike,the clutch rattles on his too,i think you may find its common on the early pros`.Have you looked at the clutch?,i think the problems come from the "fingers" rattling.When pressure is applied at the lever,the fingers are loaded up so they dont rattle as much.I would say ride it and dont worry!!

PS.if clutch is dragging slightly,check the piston at the master cylinder,the seals can fail and this can lead to dragging.

Edited by dabomb

Thanks for your reply Dabomb, clutch plates and fingers measured up fine and the slave cylinder "O" rings I replaced have cured the drag from the lever, the bike though is tough to change into neutral when the clutch is in? I might try new master cylinder seals this week

Just

Thanks for your reply Dabomb, clutch plates and fingers measured up fine and the slave cylinder "O" rings I replaced have cured the drag from the lever, the bike though is tough to change into neutral when the clutch is in? I might try new master cylinder seals this week

Just

i would try that,i think the piston only costs a tenner.If its difficult to find neutral,clutch is still dragging slightly.Also make sure that the adjuster screw on the lever lets the piston come out fully,IE, against the circlip,and make sure you have got rid of all the air in the system.Its best to bleed from the clutch end.

Edited by dabomb