Cdi Unit

samo

I tryed everything, but my bike will not start. I cleaned carburator 7 times, changed the plug, cleaned the exhaust..

I see a little spark on plug, but I think it is not big enough. If I'm lucky it starts for a second and than dies:((

I find the coil, I know where the stator is, but I don't know where is cdi unit. Can somebody please post picture of CDI?

Electriciti for Betas are made in our country (Slovenia..maybe that is the reason for its durability) so I'll get the broken part probably cheap..

Samo

I diconect all wires by the kill botton, try to start, but no luck.. Probably I should leave some wires conected there? I took out the coil, there I found earth contact wire cleaned it and put it back, still no luck. I checked once more this earth wire.

Thanks Mecajental for respond

Samo

Cdi is the small black bax about size of fag packet in the stearing head.held in by a rubber band.Your problem sounds like stator but could be either.Best advice is to phone Lampkins .they will advise you and supply items you need .They will take back and refund for any items not used. I have had this problem recently.Cheap it will not be Sorry.

From stator comes electricity and the coil I checked ( take one from friends Beta..) was OK, so it should be CDI unit. I take it out already and ordered one directly from the factory;)) It is not so expensive..(I can not tell you the price :thumbup: ) They were very friendly and explained me everything about digital ignition system we have on Betas. They said that from 2008 is much improved in this sistem.

It is not so expensive..(I can not tell you the price )

Why not? I think it wouldn't be a secret. Here, in Spain, CDI unit for Rev07 costs about 120-140 euros. It is not very expensive in comparison with others bikes. For example, I have paid more than 200 euros for the CDI for a Suzuki DR600 three years ago.

Saludos

Edited by mecajental