Tl 320 Tuning

nicolasvasic

Hello

Please apologise for my bad english!

I once heard that top level 320 SWM riders lightened the weight of their magnetic wheel for 0.800 kilos. I just reduced mine for 0.450 kilos, and at first glimpse that gives to me a good feeling: I'm driving much more a trial bike than a tractor.

But I'm wondering: must the ignition advance be modified?

Thanks

Nicolas

Has anyone else done this mod? Seems like it would make the bike more likely to stall when crawling with clutch out (or slipping) Also ,I have heard of a mod which changes orface size/shape of the rotary valve on the 320. Anyone heard of or done this mod and what was the result? Finally, does anyone out there have a TL320 aluminum swingarm they would sell? Thanks ,Jim B.

Edited by Virginiatrials

Hi , i have done this mod, taken a certain amount off the fly wheel but not much .

Much better throttle respone and the engine picks up much better , but at the cost of losing

a bit of torque = grip , but new this would happen, Just experimenting really.

Generally a lot nicer to ride also , makes the overall bike feel 'lighter'

I went to the two days of Bilstain, Belgium, my first trial since the mod. My first lap was horrible: I stalled the engine at four sections in a row.

Then I settled the idle screw at a higher speed and the engine stalled no more for the rest of the trial.

I'm very glad: it's over with that feeling that you're riding a lazy mule in front of a bank, and except this idle problem, I didn't feel any

bad sides.

Nicolas

• 1 month later...
Hi , i have done this mod, taken a certain amount off the fly wheel but not much .

Much better throttle respone and the engine picks up much better , but at the cost of losing

a bit of torque = grip , but new this would happen, Just experimenting really.

Generally a lot nicer to ride also , makes the overall bike feel 'lighter'

Hi Pedronicman,.

Can you remember how much you removed, and was it the 240 or 280 engine ?

Ross