New Bike Decisions...

oggfueler

I'm currently going through all of the older threads right now but figured I might get some good advice if I started my own thread too.

In my younger days I got a little turned off by dirt bikes because I'm somewhat vertically challenged... 5' 3" to be exact.

A cushy desk job has plumped me up to the 200lb. mark (used to walk around @165/bs)... hopefully some of that will melt off with a new diet/ workout plan and some trial/trail riding sessions on Sundays and weekdays after work... Saturdays are reserved for paintball.

My riding abilities are somewhat limited since I haven't ridden anything in the last 15yrs.... except for my mountain bike and BMX some dirt jumping anyways... used to ride a YZ125 back in high school but like I said before... being short legged sucks so I stuck to ocean activities (body-boarding,spearfishing)... being in Hawaii does have some perks... the nice beaches make up for the lousy $3.49/gal. gas prices.

With that said... I'm looking at a Gas Gas as being a new ride for 2010... I usually get a nice tax return and now have a good place to spend it.

If I really stick with it (and I plan to), would I satisfied with the 125 or would I outgrow it quickly?

I'll also be using the bike I get for some trail riding too so I'd like to know what kind of run time you guys are getting with your trials rides.

Thanks,

Kawika

If you are trail riding aswell it may be worth looking at a four stroke, pump gas and faster top speed ,our montesas are very expensive over here but build quality and reliability are second to none ,plus you can fit a long seat and tank unit.

If you are trail riding aswell it may be worth looking at a four stroke, pump gas and faster top speed ,our montesas are very expensive over here but build quality and reliability are second to none ,plus you can fit a long seat and tank unit.

I'd love a Montesa but I'm looking to keep my spendings under that of a smaller sized new car, lol.