Trial Moto's Top Speed?

oggfueler

Just wanted to know the general top speed of a trial bike in the 250-300 size.

I know they're not built for speed but how fast do you folks go, or have gone and for how long, when one gets to a open strecth on their trial bike?

I got no speedo have no idea.

But like I tell everybody around here that asks: If you're really good they don't move at all, and your feet stay on the pegs.

Or: We go REALLY fast for about 3 ft and then stop.

:thumbup:

Yes I am a Smart A**

I got no speedo have no idea.

But like I tell everybody around here that asks: If you're really good they don't move at all, and your feet stay on the pegs.

Or: We go REALLY fast for about 3 ft and then stop.

:dunce:

Yes I am a Smart A**

I would estimate about 50-60 mph, again no speedo, bet those road trial riders could tell you. :thumbup:

:crying: okay guys I get the picture. I guess I'm just over concerned with the thought that when I do get around to purchasing me a trials bike (there's a nice 07 Gas Gas 280 Pro for sale here on the island that I'm thinking about) I may forget myself when out in the trails with my friends who will be riding trail/dirtbikes and try to stay on the throttle and keep up with them... guess I'll do the keeping up in the rough then. :)

When we had a speedo, 20 years back at the SSDT we regularly got 105 and 110kph on the road sections.... at that speed i had rear tyre knobs flung at me from my mate i was drafting...painful!.... his Michelin X1 obviously didn't like that speed!

When we had a speedo, 20 years back at the SSDT we regularly got 105 and 110kph on the road sections.... at that speed i had rear tyre knobs flung at me from my mate i was drafting...painful!.... his Michelin X1 obviously didn't like that speed!

Thanks for that info Ralphy. Those speeds are plenty fast. Those were not for extened times though right?