Update On Knocking Pro

joandemma

Update on Knocking Pro, we had a good listen to bike and knocking noise seems to be coming from clutch area, also noise changes when the clutch is pulled in-but knocking noise still slightly evident. When we tipped bike on its side and took off side casing we noticed that we could lift basket of cluch up and down (may be 0.3mm movement) even though centre screw was tight. Should this movement be there and if not how can it be repaired.

Edited by joandemma

Have a look at the kickstart shaft gear,they often chip a tooth,which gets picked up on any of the gears in the clutch casing.It only takes a tiny piece to cause one hell of a row. Worth taking the clutch off and inspecting everything with a magnifying glass.Had this happen on 2 Gassers we've owned

Hey Joeandemma,

Thats my youtube video from my bike (with a ton of hours on her). I didnt have much play up and down on this shaft to answer your question that you asked me but up and down play would cause hard shifting and possibly gear pop out. If you dont have that then no worries. Really the knock is normal and is nothing to worry about.

--Biff