Honda Tlm 50/80

mattylad

Could you please tell me if the 50 and 80 versions were the same bike with a cylinder change?

Did they both run 21" front and 18" rear wheels?

What was the seat height and wheelbase.

How long were the front forks from centre of wheel spindle to top of stanchion?

Any info gratefully received.

Edited by mattylad

I had a measure up of my tlm 50. 740 mm from the top of the fork to the center of the spindle. Wheel base from spindle to spindle is 1300 mm, in middle of chain adjustment. i also have a mtx 80 which has almost the same crankcases, i havnt tried it in but ive seen one fitted in a tlm 50 in japan. i dont know if they made an 80, if they did i guess it was air cooled. mtx 80 is liquid cooled. also if anyones interested. the mt 5, h100 motors are different in lots of ways to the tlm. Hope this is of some help?

• 1 year later...

Did we ever find out if the MTX80 air cooled Cylinder fits onto the Tlm50 crankcase's.

Athena do a air cooled cylinder of 115cc that fits on to the MTX80 Engine.

Just picked up a nice little Tlm50 myself,and looking to beef it up a little.

• 2 weeks later...

dont think the 80 top end would fit.the outer diameter of the cylinder is to large to go into the crankcases.i run a modded kx 65 piston in a standard barrel, the work was carried out at bdk, they may have changed the porting and compression as well. the motor is alot better than stock.its not a revver, like a litle ty 175,i ride the inter class on it.some climbs are to big, but that o.k it is what it is. all in all [cc taken into account and my weight,16 stone.]its a great little bike. all the best.

Thanks for the words of advice fatchef,think i'll also settle for the 65cc set up,it seems a shame to go and butcher a very nice little Trial bike to much.

What carb set up you using the standard?

Edited by bilc0

• 2 weeks later...

i use a stock carb, but with the side of the airbox opened up abit around the intake. i agree that its a shame to mod a stock bike. mine had already been big bored.i tried a honda h100 carb, which fits with no mods, but did not run well.may be with a rejet it would go better? hope this is of some help.