Trials Bikes In The Sand...

oggfueler

Being as I've yet to ride my first trials bike... do they perform well in sandy condition?

My buddies like to have a good time at a couple of nearby sand pits/quarries and I've seen them struggle in deeper sand, sand hill climbs with their dirt bikes... well at least the 125's struggled... the 350's and quads made the hill climbs look easy and compared top the dirt bikes, the quads breezed through the thicker sand.

Does a trials bike's weight and torque help or hurt them in the sand?

In most trials videos I've seen... I've only seen the bikes in areas that would make a mountain goat break a sweat.

If you ride the bike in Sand it will seaze the bike up very easily, and then it will probably never start again lol, Don't ride in the sand mate. on quarry's is Fine to ride on, but not deep sand.

I wasn't looking to bury it. ;)

I know what you mean though... as an avid paintballer who plays a lot in sandy areas and a once-avid shoreline fiherman I know how metallic things and sand, and fine sand dust, don't get along well.

I live in a sandy area, it can be challenging to get a decent practice in, it's like riding in mud that doesn't stick to the tires, I like to say if you can ride in sand you can ride better in an area with traction, it's not necessarly true, I tend to over throttle at events untill I get used to having traction.

Edited by MotoVintage