Trouble At Kilkenny....

sawtooth

Been riding up Kilkenny (Gloucestershire) for a few months now with no problems what so ever, but the last few weekends theres been 15-20 lads turning up with pit bikes and full size crossers and acting like right pr*cks. I'm all for everyone having a place to ride but they are racking up quite a list of things that arnt good:

• Racing laps around the car park spraying all the cars with gravel (i've been told riding in the car park is NOT allowed anyway)
  • Racing laps around the quarry with no regard for anyone else, spraying gravel on people
  • Leaving massive amounts of litter everywhere including oil cans and glass bottles
  • Shouting abuse at trials riders or families that get in 'their' way
  • Jumping and crashing near innocent people
  • General antisocial behaviour

None of them are even wearing any protective gear at all, 5mins after they turn up everyone else is forced to leave, families and kids dont feel safe and trials riders are left with nowhere to ride. I have told them they should be riding at Nettleton as its more motocross themed, but i think the fact they have no protection and the

Edited by SawTooth

I would think calling the police would just get the place stopped for everyone, including trials riders...and trying to confront them, is probably not going to achieve the desired result either.

I would suggest, HOPING that they will get bored soon....after all, Id be bored pretty darn quickly on an MX bike at Kilkenny (and I'm not anti MX, in fact I used to do it, and love it). Obviously there is a possibility that it will take longer for them to get bored than you may wish, but I would think its a certainty before long.....lets hope so!!!!

Edited by StuEssenhigh

Yeah they do need a slap, all of them, they scratch my car or hurt anyone i'm with and thats just what they'll get. I certainly dont want the place shut down so wont contact anyone over the matter. Will see what the next few weekends bring.

I think I'm correct in saying that there is no official use of Kilkenny, the council/Police just turn a blind eye in the hope that it will keep riders off other more sensitive areas.

The plonkers will get bored and go somewhere else, in the mean time perhaps you could go up to Aggs Hill instead? Although you do get similar types up there sometimes. But at least it is bigger and there are places that a MX bike can't easily reach where you could ride for hours on a trials bike.

Don't even think of confronting them, I've come across people who would stab you in the high street for less, never mind in a quarry on the hills.

yeah man feel your pain,we recently lost riding at a spot near us cos of some numptys. it was a lovely little quarry the problem was we had to cross some farmers fields,which was fine for those of us that rode around the edges,until the pit bike and mx boys started using the fields as race tracks and doughnut play areas!!!! of course the farmer got the hump took regs and threatened us with the police and willful damage and wouldn't accept it wasn't us. so that ended that THANKS VERY MUCH!!!!

am sure there's plenty of lads who are very responsible but the few that aren't can do so much damage for the rest of us.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be shut down if this carries on carpark area has wild orchids which is the reason why there is no riding in this area. The council turn a blind eye to trials riders but if these scumbags carry on that will be the end of it. Aggs is the same, the only plus side is that now winters approaching they will all vanish till next year !

Nettleton is slowly being turned into trials only this will be a gradual process over the next year or so. There will be a lot more sections going in with indoor type stuff on the flat gravel area in the middle with cycle trials also catered for, new gates are also to be fitted with a key for each member, membership cards with your mug shot have been issued so now policing who there is easier.

If anyone is interested in joining and getting involved with the planned working parties pm me and i will pass details on, membership is