Ute Cup

jse

A quick post from Sante Fe, New Mexico on the way back home from the Ute Cup. It was, in a word, great!

They have gone back to the old format. Intermediate/Advanced level sections so the Trial is geared for the average Intermediate rider, long loop (22 miles on Saturday, close to that Sunday) and ride the same sections twice (two loops each day). 20 sections on Saturday and I think 16 on Sunday. I probably had 20+ riders tell me how much fun they were having. More to come later....must....sleep.....now..........

Cheers.

Jon

Well,

back home and unpacked. Here's photos of my Saturday section 2 and Sunday section 1 (the mudhole/cow pie section). Good warmup sections with mostly cleans (if you could say that about the mudhole).

The cow pie section on Sunday was at the only creek crossing/watering hole through the moors the cows liked so I bravely battled about 50 cows to keep control of the section in the hours between the first and second loops. The calves found that section tape was a wonderful dessert.

Jon

Good question. I've been looking at the RMTA site for results, but nothing yet.

And, if you look in the photo gallery, you'll see a photo of the rider who placed 14th.....:mellow:

Jon