Tlm 200

hallier

Hi all just looking for info if possible. Have started back on resurrecting a 87 TLM 200 which is nearly brand new 370 original KMs on speedo after inporting from Japan last year. Will not run properly and appears to four stroke ie too rich. Carb has been left with fuel in by the look of it on several occasions and suspect internal galleries are blocked. Have set up back to standard per Honda parts list at 90 main and 40 pilot middle clip on the needle. Borrowed carb of earlier model from friend and it has 98 main 45 pilot on 2nd clip from top and bike runs nicely but a touch rich.

Am now on the hunt for PE carb of same type as new PE models will not fit due to bottom drain. Not much available here in NZ any options in U/K for classic spares ?. The local classic movement here has just allowed air cooled mono's this season so keen to get going. Who is best Keihin stockist as most sites that seem to pop up are U.S and only have current Keihin options - might still have to go down this track.

Edited by hallier

thanks hadnt thought about Ultasonic cleaning but have seen it advertised and would do the trick so will explore that option. Also just fishing a bit for successful jetting options. Am aware of airbox options and we had someone here in NZ making louvered tops for these and also the early TY250 mono's so will track one down. The carb i borrowed had the bottom of the slide machined down aprrox 3-4 mm to get the needle further down into the jet which seemed to work quite well in leaning the mix down at throttle off settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi hallier,

I probably know you! Try Allens in the UK for Keihin parts. I have a TLM220 in the workshop and can check carb specs for you, only I don't know if the 200 and 220 are the same. If Kerry Miles is still around ChCh then he may be able to help with info and maybe even carb bits.

Bye, PeterB.