New Member From Cheshire

richt

Hi all,

Just joined TC. Dare I admit that I've come from the Enduro side, I am new to trials and have been doing lots of practice and done a couple of easy trials.

Got a 06Gasser 250 and wish I started this game years ago,

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

Cheshire Youth (don't let the name put you off, I'm 40), Denbigh and Mold, Llangollen, Wrexham And if you fancy travelling a little further South to us on the Welsh border, Llanfyllin. You should have a good day at all of those.

Edited by bikespace

• 3 weeks later...

Rick,

welcome and good luck with forth coming events. I am going to attempt CYTC in 2 weeks time (Bodfari I think!). 2nd event after 20 years out of it.

Am practicing Sunday. Where do you practice? And if you want to meet up give me a shout. Am just outside of Mold and practice at a farm in Trevor (near LLangollen).

Rob

• 3 months later...
the manchester 17 mcc trials and macclesfied trials are good ones to go to everyone is really helpfull ,the frodsham trials are a little harder and i havent been to any in north wales yet

RichT,

As a (ex-racing) member of the Manchester 17 / M17 I can whole heartedly recommend the trials side of the club. They do dead easy trials for novices / non-competetive riders and people starting out, like yourself (and me). The club meets on Tuesday nights not too far from where you live. www.manchester17.org.uk is the URL, click on the right hand image for the trials side.

If you want to get in touch direct, go on the enduro side (left hand image with the guy nutting his 'bars) and select "Contact Us" from the menu.... I'm the webmaster for that side of the gaff. If you'd like some direction in enduro riding, drop the Enduro Sec an e-mail from the same menu, he's normally up for coaching... don't bother asking him about trials stuff though, he's allegedly pants at that.... he just does POWER!!!!!! Wahhhh!, Whhhhaaaah!, Wahhhh!!! ring a ding ding.... if you get my drift.

I'm working away @ the mo', but hopefully post Febuary I'll see you down at the odd meeting.

Spandex is the way forward...

Cheers,

RTS

• 3 weeks later...

And another from Cheshire!

Dabbled on trials bikes before (see what I did there?) but never entered an event. Got seduced by the MX dark side at an early age and did a few seasons in my twenties. Got married, had kids, spent all my money on them. When they grew up (2000), the bug came back and I started green laning, and then enduros. Now not fit enough for time card events, not aggresive enough for H&H, so do the UK Rallies and lots of laning. Talking in the pub with some mates at Christmas, when the back roads were lethal and no-one was riding, to find that the trials riders were all out having fun. Went to watch an event, checked bank balance, trawled flea bay, bought a 2004 Rev3 in dire need of some TLC, and here I am.

Am I going to regret this?

Mark