Cumberland County Mcc 2 Day Trial

b40rt

12th & 13th sept. Can anybody who just rode the Nostalgia tell me how the Standard & Easy routes in the Cumberland compare with the Easy & Hard routes of Saturdays trial ?

Also how big is the lap, and are they more straight forward sections ?

Thanks

Ross

Edited by B40RT

Rode it last year for first time but due to the weather they had to drastically re-route the course and set new sections, so I'm not sure what the usual trial is like. Therefore difficult to say how the usual sections compare with Nostalgia, although I'd say they probably aren't too different from how they were last year. Definitely more straightforward, not as twisty or tight as Nostalgia (which was a lot easier last year)

It was very enjoyable, nothing silly but enough to make you think and study lines. I'd do it again this year but it clashes with the Inter Centre Pre65. Sections probably of similar severity to Alvie 2 day.

Definitely worth a go.

i have rode the cumberland two day for the last 6 or 7 yrs now it is easier on both routes than the nostalgia (ridden 3 times)was this year, more staight forward sections. last year was spoiled by the heavy rain but it still was an excellent event. sat route about same length as nostalgia route but sunday is probably half as long again, both days are more laps.all in all an excellent trial and social weekend definetly one for your diary.

Over the last 7 - 8 years this event always clashed with The M'bro 2 day trial @ Woodhouse farm, having lost that land a few years ago, the club finally has a venue where the 2 day can be resurected, & not only that, it Does'nt clash with this event this year.

So if anyone else fancies a two day this weekend - M'bro DMC has one - I admit there are no specific classes for the classic riders, but the easy course & the newly introduced Seperate clubman A route, should be perfect for most abilities - did i mention it is a charity do also ( Great North Air Ambulance).

I have gone & got me an old Moto Gori, so if it does not clash next year - i will be riding both.

• 3 weeks later...