Beta Rev Stopped And Now No Spark

gazzaecowarrior

Hi there. Bloody bike died at the bottom of a pit. Just stopped. No spark. I have checked everything and all the conectors and kill switch look together. I iamgine this is the stator that has gone. It was running perfectly before it stopped. Do people agree ? Why didn't it happen at the top of the pit. It took 3 of us to drag the f*****g thing to the top !!!

Edited by gazzaecowarrior

The importers and the dealer were brilliant when I had stator problems, it's the manufacturer that I can't forgive. They allowed a known problem to continue for more than one year and that's unforgivable in my opinion.

The second stator went within six trials and I couldn't believe it so I kicked and kicked to try and start the bike until I broke a bone in my foot that has hurt for four years now.

I tried the new Evo and really love it, but the pain in my left foot when I started it reminded me of those damned stator problems.

I think the problem is there:http: //www.newenglandtrials.org/Beta_wiring.pdf (read this!!)

You have to split earth wires.

You both can be angry on Beta factory not to ATF ( stator,coil and cdi manufactor). Because Beta does the wrong-bad earth conections.

I wish it was a plug problem. I carry a spare plug, levers and mini tool kit whenever I get on the bike. I've ben caught out too many times before !!!! The first thing I did was try a new plug and check for a spark. When I realised it wasn't sparking I knew it was something I couldn't repair at the bottom of a pit. Got a day off tommorow so I'm going to check all the connections one final time before i order a new stator or get mine re-conditioned. But i think it is the stator for deffo sadly.