Rev3 Exhaust Siliencer

betarick

Hi was wondering if you can buy siliencer in seperate bits! fired bike up today & noticed it sounded loud so i pulled siliencer off and apart to find all packing was just about gone & plastic end cap & rubber ring were melted! i only repacked it about a month ago using a beta preformed packing! as any one else had this problem? & why should it have melted end cap! i have changed packing plenty of times before and not come across this problem!

I did a bit of research recently when looking for a new silencer and was told you have to buy the whole unit, at least here in the USA. The parts catalog shows no separate part numbers for the bits, but maybe shops over there have access to them.

Not sure how the packing blew out as it usually just spooges up, unless the tube was off somehow. Also not sure how it would get so hot to melt the end cap, unless the packing or something restricted flow and created more heat. I'd think the performance or sound would have alerted you if that were the case, so I'm just guessing.

called in at lampkins today got new end & rubber ring + new packing al for 27 quid john said its melted end cause its got too hot when packing failed and packing as failed due to water getting in when washing bike so my fault! Even though i have washed bike loads of times and never had any bother!