Talon Brake Pads

lian

Hello everyone.

I have now Galfer pads and don't really satisfied by front braking. I did all to increase braking force, but brakes is still dragging a little and don't have instant effect (maybe they are too old - i got 2004 Sherco with them already).

I decided to buy some other pads and got to know here at forum that Galfer are best )) but i already have them, so i found on ebay Talon pads.

What can you say about them? Can i boldly buy them or will be better to buy new best Galfer? :D

Thanks.

thanks Chris, but i did it, even sandpaper and baked it :D

i actually can brake but cant do it instantly... so finally i tend to buy new pads and wondering what brand.

i heard about Apico, but heard about it not good responses, so only well known Galfer or new to me - Talon.

Whats better? :lol:

Edited by Lian

Those Talon ones are actually Braking brand made in Italy, they make heaps of oversize & supermotard disc kits for enduro & mx bikes with good reputation. I've been using them for a couple of years with no problems.

I'd suggest you take your wheel & pads out then spray your brake caliper pistons with brake cleaner & push them back in the caliper to make sure they're not holding up slightly. When pads get too thin the pistons can tip due to not enough left in the bore, I've had a stuck brake from that before. If you're almost at that point you can experience brake delay

Easy to check