Front Hub Prblems

kozubs

I'm looking for a front hub for a 2002 sy 250. The previous owner on the bike used some insane thread locker for the disc bolts and in trying to dirll them I made a mess of the hub. Does anyone have any ideas. I'm in Canada but will have shipped from anywhere.

I had the same problem, I just drilled the M6 tapped holes out to 6.5mm and then used M6 button heads and a small nut on the rear - and a bit of thread locker.

It has been fine since. I had to grind the nuts down slightly for them to fit neatly, and only the Eagle eyed amongst us would spot them.

Bit of a rough repair but it works well and costs nothing. Just the way I like it.

• 3 months later...

I'm experiencing a similar problem - the disc seems very slightly loose - gave it a tweek and the allen head rounded out. Why are these things made form material with about as much structural integrity as squeezed together tin foil?

Should there be any play on the disc?

Might some localized heat get the bolts out?

I'm experiencing a similar problem - the disc seems very slightly loose - gave it a tweek and the allen head rounded out. Why are these things made form material with about as much structural integrity as squeezed together tin foil?

Should there be any play on the disc?

Might some localized heat get the bolts out?

Yes the disk should be slightly loose. They are called floating disks as the rotors are allowed to move to center in the caliper. The bolts are already tight. If you try to tighten them further to stop the rotor from moving they will strip. Sorry you had to bung one up to find that out.

Yes the disk should be slightly loose. They are called floating disks as the rotors are allowed to move to center in the caliper. The bolts are already tight. If you try to tighten them further to stop the rotor from moving they will strip. Sorry you had to bung one up to find that out.

The bolt head stripped while I was loosening it!!

It's still tight so I'll leave well alone

• 2 months later...