03 Sy 250 Oils And Things

houseape1000

Why has nobody suggested taking the clutch cover off ?

It would only take a minute and easy to do, or is there another problem that I don't yet know about ?

I tried the chisel, then the vise-grips and no joy.......I usually like a challenge but could do without this one. Its 1-0 to the sump plug. :biggrinsanta:

good thinking!....also, you can drain oil from bolt under the shifter....much easier!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

M12 isn't a huge thread......

Masso, sorry to seem to be ignoring your plight to drain the oil from the little plug under the shifter, but earlier, someone stated that it doesn't work very well as a drain, and that it would take about 9 days......

I am however, grateful for all input.......so thanks ! :wacko:

When Im done I might see if that guy selling the trike of death will sell the plug for me ! :rolleyes:

M12 isn't a huge thread......

Masso, sorry to seem to be ignoring your plight to drain the oil from the little plug under the shifter, but earlier, someone stated that it doesn't work very well as a drain, and that it would take about 9 days......

I am however, grateful for all input.......so thanks ! :wacko:

When Im done I might see if that guy selling the trike of death will sell the plug for me ! :rolleyes:

ha ha ha ..no I meant by THREAD..was all the involvement and talk by members about this one subject!

I have been draining oil from this bold for months, no problem, just lean the bike over.....oil drains out in 15 minutes!.....no doubt there is still some oil inside, but I change quite often, so oil is quite clean .......here is photo

ha ha ha ..no I meant by THREAD..was all the involvement and talk by members about this one subject!

I have been draining oil from this bold for months, no problem, just lean the bike over.....oil drains out in 15 minutes!.....no doubt there is still some oil inside, but I change quite often, so oil is quite clean .......here is photo

ooops, forgot to click UPLOAD button!

post-1618-1261680759.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just tried to drain the oil, and noticed that Ive drained around 500ml, and only managed to fit in about 150ml.

Firstly, I got the bike pretty hot,

I then removed the plug from under the shifter, leaned the bike over and left it to drain for 1/2 hour.

When no oil was coming from the drain, I then decided to remove the level indicator from under the kick start, and was quite amazed that so much oil came from this after having the drain under the shifter open.

With no more oil leaking out, I tried to refill, only to notice I couldn't fit in anywhere near the amount I am supposed to put in......

Does anybody have any suggestions, I know this sounds silly but can they get airlocked, or can they be a pain to refill.

Strange. Maybe the PO overfilled the engine with oil?

As previously said, in my experience you need to remove the sump plug to get the oil out. I tried using the little plug under the shifter (like Masso) but only got out a little, maybe 50-100 ml. I don

Strange. Maybe the PO overfilled the engine with oil?

As previously said, in my experience you need to remove the sump plug to get the oil out. I tried using the little plug under the shifter (like Masso) but only got out a little, maybe 50-100 ml. I don

I managed to cadge a sump plug from a garage round the corner from work so happy days there then.

I decided that whilst I was at it, I would remove and clean the air box, only to find even more bolts that where impossible to undo. Had to drill them out and start again......I have replaced with stainless, but not sure if this is the right move as staino is soft as sh*te and easy to strip the head out on a C/S M6 with an allen key.

I suppose I will just have to undo them once a week to keep them free.....

I feel like removing every bolt from the bike and replacing them all......I know it's the right weather for it.....!

The wife and kiddies are beginning to think I live in the garage, and that it must be like narnia when I close the door. They're all banned from there as a mans garage is his refuge, the only place on the property that has peace and tranquility, apart from the times I cant get bolts to undo !!!

I managed to cadge a sump plug from a garage round the corner from work so happy days there then.

I decided that whilst I was at it, I would remove and clean the air box, only to find even more bolts that where impossible to undo. Had to drill them out and start again......I have replaced with stainless, but not sure if this is the right move as staino is soft as sh*te and easy to strip the head out on a C/S M6 with an allen key.

I suppose I will just have to undo them once a week to keep them free.....

I feel like removing every bolt from the bike and replacing them all......I know it's the right weather for it.....!

The wife and kiddies are beginning to think I live in the garage, and that it must be like narnia when I close the door. They're all banned from there as a mans garage is his refuge, the only place on the property that has peace and tranquility, apart from the times I cant get bolts to undo !!!

Get some Copaslip.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, Ive had the sump plug out for about 3 weeks and the bike lent over at every angle whilst doing other things.

I filled it up with 650ml of trans oil, left it for half hour, and then undone the oil level bolt (from under the kickstart) and it is p***ing out......whats going on...!

Should I remove the level indicator bolt, and let it drain till it stops, or just leave it.....I realised, whilst typing this what the answer should be, but would appreciate advice anyway.......cheers.!

By the way, I haven't ran the engine yet, so should I run it for a bit before checking the oil again ?