Dirt Bike Show 2009

jeffers

Hi all

I went to the dirtbike show on saturday with a mate as we wanted to have a look at the latest trials bikes on offer,

The new sherco 290 was on the MRS stand,The new 250 pro was on the gas gas stand,There was a beta 250 2 stroke on the lazer helmet stand and i think 2 more gas gas sitting on other stands. Did any one see any more trials bike or was it just a very poor turn out , I have been to the show for 10 years and i think this was the last.

What a shame because it would be nice to have seen all the bikes under one roof.

jeffers

Think the problem is that all the new bikes are out well before the show (apart from Sherco) so nothing to really get excited about?

Bit like MX&T News more Motorcross than trials :thumbup:

I stopped going a few years ago and its only 15 minutes from my house??

I agree GIZZA5 (and by the way i seen a few of them at northern Experts young man) most trials fans have either seen bikes at local trial events or there local dealers prior to the event and im not sure people would go to a show to make a decision on which bike to purchase. I think from an importers point of view its an opportunity to network, change of scenery and possibly make the odd sale from the impulse purchaser. Not forgetting of course the opportunity to purchase the odd bargain from all those dealers wanting to rid of unbought stock.

I stopped going a few years back as to me it was a bargain basement show. May have changed/improved now but i hear its something similar maybe in a slightly different format.

well i agree ive been the show for years and in my opinion the show was better when it was at trentam gardens i think the problem is what it cost to put a stand on but in the same text how can new blood come into the sport if when they go to what is surpose to be the biggest off road show in the country to veiw all the latest trials bike for adults and kid and chat to the dealers and when they get there and there are only 3 or 4 bikes there this year i took my kids to have a look at the latest kids bikes as my lad is ready for an upgrade but nothing at all ive had betas for years but i couldnt believe it when all i saw was j lampkin stood behind one bike and no thing else not even any brochures to dish out all i can say is if it wasnt for shirty stand we as a trials ferternity we would be a laughing stock how can you justify poor sales if they arnt there to sell i can honesty say this was the last year i will be goin and i certanly not advise anyone to go in future in a word crap !!!!!!!!